Sunday, April 3, 2011

Congratulations Gary!






Good news - good news! Gary Mauga - winner of our most frequent and encouraging comment leaver on this our blog...

Saturday 2nd of March, Gary Mauga, one of our very own home grown - walked down the isle of Manukau Baptist to receive his degree in Applied Theology. It was a ceremony hugely uplifting and full of God praises for the achievement of many Theology Students of Carey Bible College.

Our Reverend Father minister and his wife Lealofi were there to witness this event alongside Gary's wife Suliana, mother Katie and siblings. Also a small group members of our parish were there to cheer for Gary as his name was called and degree awarded. What a special time to be part of.

It was very clear to all who attended that all students including our Gary, had an enjoyable yet challenging journey to reaching this day. Gary, on behalf of your church family we want to say congratulations and well done. Your achievement is one which will benefit many who cross your path. We are very happy for you and glad that we have been part of this journey with you.

May God in his wisdom and love, continue to provide you with ample opportunity to act out the many wonderful truths you have learnt during your time of study. We have no doubt that the parish of Glen Dowie Presbyterian are now enjoying your warm and cheerful way during your internship. We look forward to reading your very own post soon. God bless and keep you, Suli and your family in his peace and presence. Alofa tele.

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS REV MAUGA!!! Shux all that hard work has finally paid off. Wish you & Suli all the best with future plans. We, Tamaki PIPC are all very very proud of you. Keep at it and trust God will continue to bless you both! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Gary. It was truly a privilege to witness your achievement on this day. Wasn't the graduation ceremony uplifting?! It was obvious that you had very good lecturers and teachers who guided your studies. This alongside the guidance from our Reverend Setefano must be great for you and Suliana. One thing I loved about this day was the many different walks of life people came from who were awarded degrees and diplomas alongside you. God can make use of anyone! God bless your work Gary and Suliana. May God continue to give the opportunity to support one another well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa lava, malo le soifua!

    E muamua ona sii atu le viiga ma le fa'afetai tele i lo tatou Atua ua aulia ma le manuia le nei fa'amoemoe fiafia. Greetings to you my family! It was a very special weekend for not only me and Suliana, but also my family and my church - Tamaki. As I always say: "This is not a journey of one or two,but a journey of a church family." Therefore, I am grateful for your prayers and support since my very first essay to the night of being "capped." It has not been easy but when I've left what I want and focussed on God being my driving force - the result is success but most importantly glory to Him (who is able to do imaginably more than all we ask or imagine)!!
    It was great to experience this night with many close friends and people who have shaped me since a young kid - thank you. To our parents in Christ - Setefano and Lealofi - I often echo what the psalmist says, "Who am I that you would care for me?" And this you have done for me and so I express my humblest thanks to you both for this opportunity.
    Graduating has not made me a better person than anyone else but it has made me see what God can do if I let Him. He did it for me. And He will do it for you. So, I encourage you my dear brothers and sisters to allow Him to lead you and you will see success, but most of all His name will be glorified!
    Thanks for this opportunity to comment and thanks Annie for this blog!

    To God be the glory!
    With love,

    Gary Mauga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS GARY!! You are a true believer of god and he will love you and give you blessings all the way if you KEEP IT UP!!!

    ReplyDelete