Thursday, September 29, 2011

Congratulations Canaan

Congratulations to Canaan on coming second in the Auckland Primary Principals Association Champion of Champions Year 5 and 6 Speech final 2011, held at Ponsonby Primary School on Monday 26 September.
Canaan's topic of his speech was 'Kiwiana - what it means to be a Kiwi'.

Road to the final
1st in his schools 'Good Shepherd's speech competition
1st in the Eden Albert zone speech competition (13 school participated)
2nd in the APPA champ of champ (16 cluster representatives)


(2010)
1st in his schools speech comp last year, and represented his school at the Eden Albert zone speech competition.  Topic of his speech last year was 'Samoa'.

May God in his wisdom and love, continue to bless you with the confidence to excel in all that you do.  We look forward to hearing about your future speech competitions/achievements.  
Keep up the good work Canaan!  Keep aiming high and believing, in reaching your goals.






4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! Congratulations Canaan, this is absolutely wonderful news! You are a very brave boy and obviously talented at speaking to large groups of people. I remember being told in school that public speaking is one of number fears people have. It's obviously something you excel in. Bet you got to have a treat afterwards with your family : ) They all look so proud of your achievements. I hope I get a chance to listen to your speech soon. Malo lava Canaan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea and Ria for the post and your awesome comments. Thanks also to everyone who supported me and passed on their congratulations. I was really nervous on that day. There were heaps of great speeches. 15 to be exact. As soon as I hopped on the stage, my heart was pumping really fast. But with all the support of my family and principal, it felt like i was practising it at home. As soon as they called out my name for 2nd, i couldnt believe it. Everyone was so happy and proud. I celebrated with a double scoop of cookies and cream - my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say I was proud of you cuz when I heard that you came 2nd. You are also an intelligent boy that loves and cares about people sooooh much. Its good to see you on the news paper too. KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those comments are awesome i reckon that he did well i participated as well and i know how hard it is to stand in front of an audience. But anyway CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete