Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Parables of Jesus

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing
2 Timothy 2:15 (New Living Translation)
An Approved Worker
15 Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.


On Sunday the 21st of June our Sunday School alongside many others across New Zealand took part in the New Zealand Sunday School Union Scripture examinations. We had students from the age of 6 up 21 sit the exams. Also 4 of our teachers sat. This year the exams looked at 6 parables of Jesus.
On Monday evening those in Bible Class had the opportunity to reflect on the preparation that took place for these exams. We came to an agreement that our minds are amazing - thank you Lord! The amount of scripture and application that we trained ourselves to remember was fantastic.
Some think these exams are a thing of the past. We are glad to report that we enjoy taking part in them, in fact for many of us it's a good reminder of how we are very capable of committing God's Word to memory as he wants us to regularly. It's certainly something that we hope to continue being part of. Thanks NZ SSU!

This is an invitation to all our students who took part in the exams this year.
Please leave a comment that contains your reflections on how you found the exam and your preparation this year. The class who have the most comments posted by Sunday morning will have a special prize presented to them at the end of our fun day. As well as signing your name please state which class you are in. Check out our voting poll too.

Looking forward to reading all your comments.

11 comments:

  1. I think that the exam was very enjoyable. I hope that we will do well and pass. I learnt that it is not so hard to learn things that involve God and his son. My favourite was the parable of the three servants - lesson 4. For me what helped me was everything that we did on Sundays in my Sunday School class.
    Tanielu Grade 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my exam okay. It was enjoyable as well. My hardest bit was the long answer which was to write out lesson 5 - the parable of the Good Samaritan. I was so happy when I completed my exam. It was nice to have a delicious meal afterwards. We had fruit, hot chocolate muffins, bacon and cheese toaties, pizza and sausage rolls.

    Toreka Grade 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the exam pretty enjoyable =), after not being able to sit the exams in the past two years it was awesome to be able to sit again. The turnout was really good, nice to see everyone really get in to it. Overall, it was really FUN learning and understanding more about the word of God. And Jesus concluded, "Watch out, then, because you do not know the day or the hour."

    Marian Grade 12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exams? I think it was pretty good, well some of it atleast. The breakfast after was good too! Thanks to everyone who organised that! Even to just sit there and look around it felt good, everyone looked so into it, everyone looked like they knew what they were doing all glory to God of course. Hopefully we all HEARD and UNDERSTOOD the word of God. Thanks to all the teachers for the preparation in classes!

    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Exams...?? thankyou for the question =]The exams was obviously enjoyed by many!! All the nerves were put to rest as soon as the exams began. I thoroughly enjoyed the life applications of the long-answer questions, I've learnt not to jus write it down but actually live it!!
    GOD IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!

    Lone/Open class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go kids! I found the exam really good. Initially when leaving the exam room I felt confident that I'd done ok. As I thought more about the questions and what I did and didn't answer - my calculations for my possible mark is now down to the 50-60% area - oops! At one part in my preparation I had a good line up of reasons as to why I CAN'T sit, however, God showed me where I could make time. Plus the fact I couldn't back out of a promise I made with my class that I'd sit if they sit.
    The other three teachers may have similar stories to tell. I have no doubt that they'll tell you that it's definately a worthwhile activity to be part of.
    Andrea, Open Class

    ReplyDelete
  7. CORRECTION: The third comment was meant to be

    Marian, Open class

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my exam this year was really fun to do. Some of the questions were a little hard, but i managed to do them all in the end. I had heaps of fun reading and learning about the parables. I liked the food afterwards, the chocolate muffin was the best.

    Loia Grade 3

    ReplyDelete
  9. After the exam I liked all the refreashments that were prepared escpecially the B akery food!! The exam was awesome!

    Tanielu Grade 4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. I'm from PIC Newton and sat the exam this year after a looong break (over 10 years). I found it nerve-wracking but I'm glad I sat. Good on everyone who sat - you can be very proud of yourselves.
    I love your blogspot - its so great to see what PIC Tamaki is up to. It sure looks like you've been busy!
    God bless you all, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heyy!
    It's me Paris ummm yeah the exams were cool and next year im gonna try harder,be at sunday school every sunday,follow the rules and be organised.It makes me really determined to do all these stuff but I have to let my light shine so yea god bless all the people at church and who are in need.

    ReplyDelete