Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The King Of Pop - Canaan's tribute to Michael Jackson

In a few hours time millions of people around the world will remember Michael Jackson in a memorial service 2 weeks after his passing. 18,000 people will be in attendance at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles and millions more will be glued to their TV sets and computers with the memorial service being screened live on TV and on the internet.
Michael Jackson was certainly a person that God has blessed with talent both in singing and dancing – he was the ultimate entertainer.
He will also be remembered as one of the most generous with his contributions to charity and humanitarian causes over the years numbering in the millions!
If you have been following this blog you will know that we have many fans of the amazing ‘MJ’ within our Sunday school.
Following is a tribute from one such fan, Canaan.

"Wow, I was shocked when I heard Michael Jackson died. First I didn't believe it, but when everyone started to talk about it - I knew that was it.
I am a huge fan of his. I first got into MJ when I came home one day in 2007, and I turned the TV onto C4 and it said the number 1 song on U Choose 40 - was 'Thriller...Thriller night'.
It was the creepiest video I have ever seen, but was the coolest too.
The scariest part is when he changed into a werewolf at the start of the clip, and his green eyes at the end.
Thriller is the best selling CD in the world.
MJ is my favorite singer and dancer in the world.
I started to get into all his other songs including: Bad, Beat it, Smooth Criminal, Black and White.
I started learning his moves and that was how I first got into MJ.
Me and my brother Xavier dedicate the Smooth Criminal dance we did at Tamaki's got talent to him. It was fun learning the dance routine.

I pray for MJ - He will always be my no.1 singer."

RIP MJ 1958 - 2009.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Canaan! I loved reading your tribute. You are right about the thriller mtv, scary but at the same time it's jam packed with MJ's amazing talent in song and dance. I've just finished watching MJ's memorial live on CNN. It was so good, what did you think of Usher? Through the memorial God reminds us of the good people we can all be - he used MJ in life and now even in his passing to teach us about being 'Good Samaritan's - Good Neighbours'. Canaan -I think it's fantastic that at your young age you are sharing your thoughts and views on such an icon. Looking forward to your next post. Malo lava.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Canaan, right now we are watching the Thriller video clip! I think scary but awesome as well. The scariest part was when all the monsters start to creep into the house but happy end - she was just dreaming! Yeah I was really sad that he died as well. He was a very talented person wanting to change the world. My favourite song of his is Black or White, it's a great video clip. I know that Michael Jackson safe now, very happy because he's with the no.1 - God. Michael is also my favourite entertainer. See you later Canaan.
    Toreka Grade 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Canaan, I too am a huge fan of MJ and like many I've just finished watching his heart-felt and touching memorial. Wasn't it awesome, to hear so many people connected to MJ giving praises to God for blessing such a man with great gifts, talents and compassion. The memorial made me think about how we should use our God given gifts to the best of our ability. I was also moved by the closing prayer for the memorial saying that...the king of pop is now with the king of kings. Hallelujah!
    Rest in Peace MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Canaan.

    Well you beat me to it and wrote a tribute to the one and only Michael Jackson!
    Isn't it cool that you and Xavier and also the Grade 4 class did Michael
    Jackson items for our Talent Quest?!
    And like you and Xavier, Grade 4 will also dedicate our performance that night to MJ.

    Well I could go on and on about my favourite MJ memories...the performance of Beat It (I didn't have a red jacket so I used a red T shirt and drew diagonal white lines on it...)at my Intermediate school assembly and Bad at my high school camp : ) but..I won't because this Blog will be too long!!!

    What I will say though is that he too is my favourite entertainer of all time! Not just a singer, not just a dancer or actor even.....but the complete entertainer! And the most unique too! He had a style all his own which no-one else can or will be able to match. And that is what make US all so special in Gods eyes. We may not all be as talented as Michael Jackson, but God has created us all as unique individuals each with special qualities and the ability to please HIM the same way a Michael Jackson spin
    or Moonwalk or "...a hee heee hee..." shriek might please his millions of fans!

    If there's one thing we can learn from MJ is to honour God by making the absolute most of the talent He has blessed us with.
    You've got heaps of talent too so make the most of it!!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
    Ray (fellow Michael Jackson fan).

    By the way....if I had to quickly name some of my favourite Michael Jackson songs I'd have to go with....

    Rock With You
    Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
    Man In The Mirror
    Thriller
    Off The Wall
    Human Nature

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys! I just couldn't resist the temptation to take a break from my assignments and pop in for a visit! Canaan, your post on Micheal Jackson is awesome! You really brought back the childhood memories of my Dad buying me the Thriller album (cassette with yellow sticker) for my 9th birthday! It's amazing how the years have gone by and not just his music but he as a person still inspires the multitudes around the world. Just makes you think, how do you want to be remembered when God calls YOU. Thank you all for your comments. My favourite Micheal Jackson songs..."The Way You Make Me Feel" and "Remember the Time".

    ReplyDelete
  6. MJ ROCKS! Canaan you are a good writer and dancer.

    ReplyDelete