Friday, July 27, 2012

BC Bakers Delight

To help keep the kitchen warm while we study we've taken to baking during our Bible Class evenings. So far we've baked afghans and chocolate chippies. On the menu next may be the making of homemade burgers or creme brulee. We haven't decided which just yet. Alongside our baking we've learnt using verses from Pauls letters to the Romans in chapter 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Using our ingredients we discussed what they tasted like alone, then combined and cooked. In the same way how life's events and experiences can make for bland, salty, sour, sweet, bitter experiences but altogether something grand - something beautiful. Yes that's right, just like that song... something beautiful, something good, all of my confusion he understood. All I had to offer him was brokeness and strife But he made something beautiful out of my life! All are welcome to attend this coming Monday - be in for a yummy treat and another neat lesson from God's amazing word!

8 comments:

  1. WOW!
    That looked alot of FUN BIBLE CLASS I hope you all had good night may god continue to bless each and everyone of you,May he cintinue to keep his travelling mercies upon everyone and Tamaki P.I.P.C
    Gob Bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone
    a Tia said "That looked alot of FUN BIBLE CLASS I hope you all had good night may god continue to bless each and everyone of you" May god keep all your Families safe and sound and keep all you people of God safe also their friends and their families also safe.
    May God Bless you all reading this Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bible Class you guys were very lucky by baking. I hope you guys enjoyed eating and chewing it. May the Lord bless you guys and have a nice week at school and in the weekend. By Raeleen
    GOD BLESS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks fun. can i have some. great cooking bible class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Guys,

    That sounds like FUN!!! I hope we do that when I come to BC. Anyway, your Family Service was amazing! That's really sad for people who's family member passed away. Me, I don't have any family members who passed away I think.

    THOSE LOOK YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done kids and your neat comments. Yes BC will certainly there when you become year 9 ready to back and more :) This week we made fish burgers as well as studying the lessons from John 6:1-14 - Feeding of the 5,000. We learnt the Jesus was a great example of being a host who cares for people, how food should not be wasted, how kind it was for a little boy to offer his lunch, how well prepared he was for the long day and more!

    Do you know how many fish and loaves there were in this story. I'll be giving a chocolate fish to the first 3 people who leave the correct answer here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMMmmmmmm!!! BC BAKERS ROCKS!!

    I wish I was there to smell a delightful meal that sound fun and enjoyable!! God has bless a good night right? Keep It Up 'New Zealand's nex top BAKERS!!!!'
    God Bless You All!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!!
    Those Backings looked DELICIOUS!!!I wish I was there to taste them.(I would of eaten the whole thing), But I hope God bless's you with more exiting backings or activity's to come.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete