Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Impact


Sunday 29th July grades 11 and 12 of our Sunday School led the morning service.   They used lesson 6 from our scripture examinations.  It was about Ruth and Naomi who return to Bethlehem after losing their husbands - all they had.  Boaz rescues them both from poverty.  This is part of the summary read by Lone on the day.  It sums up what our items were based upon.   LIVING a life of IMPACT - LEAVING a LEGACY!


Ruth had a faith that directly impacted her everyday life and how she lived. Through Naomi, Ruth had learned enough to say “Your God will be my God.”
Your actions are noticed by people, some you do not know are watching.  Ruth teaches us that our actions certainly do impact the direction and usefulness of our lives.  Not just for ourselves but those around us.  
Ruth teaches us that we need be practical in our faith, that we need to be obedient, and that above all, we need to love our neighbor in tangible ways, through simple acts of kindness. If we do, we also will leave a legacy that will have a lasting impact. Know that today you impact the future - what legacy are you creating?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the neat movie Ria. Capturing the key moments in the service and sharing it here. God bless you!
    Well done to grades 11 and 12 for a job well done. Hope this week as been one to reflect on the message you delivered. That it's something for us to be working hard at as well. LIVING LIVES OF IMPACT! God bless and may we all remain steadfast in his word and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello grade 11 & 12, I really enjoyed your service. Sometimes we forget to thank the people that impact our lives and make us the person we are today, thank you for reminding us. I like to thank God for my family, my friends, my church, my school and my Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow grade!!!

    I was very proud that Sunday that God has blessed us with. With joy and laughter we were happy to see those who talked about the people who has had 'impact' to their. And well done for our play that I really enjoyed watching and thanks to the essence for comforting us with the sings of joy! Hallelujah AMEN!!

    God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! That was AMAZING!!!"Oooops" I thought it was BC's Famiy service.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow grade 11 and 12 you did an awesome play. I am sorry to here all your lost or people who impact your life just to say I had an impact and a lost I HOPE GRADE 11 AND 12 THAT YOU WILL REMEMBER WHO IMPACT YOUR LIFE AND YOUR LOST.


    GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey grade 11 and 12,

    That was an awesome family service and when it came to the impact part the most special person in your life I was sitting there and it felt very touching indeed.I was nearly going to cry but no I had to could it in so hard but I'm very sorry about Jose's and Marian's Grandma.May she rest in peace and in gods hands.

    GOD BLESS GRADE 11&12!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow
    THAT WAS AMAZING GRADE 11 AND 12 I really really enjoyed that Ruth and Naomi.I really loved it and I hope to see the next part of ruth and Naomi
    God Bless each and everyone of you

    ReplyDelete